Classic Update Kits give you one of the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. They are designed for specific year, make, and model configurations. The 1960-1964 Ford Falcon and 1960-65 Mercury Comet Classic Update Kit is no exception. The kit boasts 14 features making it the most complete system of its type in the industry including:
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 25-amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc. All required hardware supplied. • Many original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock ‘60-‘65 Ford & Mercury columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original style terminals, lamp sockets, connectors, and locking nuts that will attach to the original cluster (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, AUTOMETER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along with stop and tail light lead wires and connectors. New tag lamp and fuel tank sender lead connection is also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders. A Ford Gen III series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional applications. All head light, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.
- New headlight bucket extension harnesses that include the grommets and loom are also included. Services both dual and quad headlight systems.
- New door jamb switches and leads are also included.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm: https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/