Classic Update Series Complete Wiring Kit
- Will accommodate 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive body applications.
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- NEW compact ATO-Style fuse panel that is fully encased in a closed box assembly with two mounting pads (mounting hardware included). The fuse coverlid is labeled on the inside identifying all circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage output circuits incorporate the same superior spring steel reinforced terminals that are used in our Highway Series kits.
- Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies – an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1961-66 Ford columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, STEWART WARNER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along with stop and tail light lead wires and connectors to mate into the stock Ford tail and back up lamp pigtail assemblies. A license plate lamp lead connection, as well as a fuel tank sender wire with tank unit connection is also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders. A Ford Gen III series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All head light, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm: https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/